Statement of Purpose
I-Purpose , Aim and Objectives :
- To provide high quality, safe, professional Primary Health Care General Practice services to our patients
- To focus on prevention of disease by promoting health and wellbeing and offering care and advice to our patients
- To work in partnership with our patients, their families and carers towards a positive experience and understanding, involving them in decision making about their treatment and care.
- To be a learning organisation that continually improves what we are able to offer patients.
- To treat patients as individuals and with the same respect we would want for ourselves or a member or our families, listening and supporting people to express their needs and wants and enabling people to maintain the maximum possible level of independence, choice and control
- To work in partnership with other agencies to tackle the causes of, as well as provide the treatment for ill health and where appropriate involve other professionals in the care of our patients.
- To encourage our patients to communicate with us by joining our Patient Forum, talking to us, participating in surveys, and feeding back and on the services that we offer
- To deliver services that are responsible to the needs of our local communities and to our commissioners.
- To provide services that are equitable , accessible and of high quality.
- To ensure all staff have the competency and motivation to deliver the required standards of care ensuring that all members of the team have the right skills and training to carry out their duties competently
- To take care of our staff offering them support to do their jobs and to protect them against abuse
- Have a zero tolerance of all forms of abuse.
- To provide our patients and staff with an environment which is safe and friendly
- To operate on a financially sound basis and to fulfil financial duties and ensure the efficient use of resources.
- The practice uses protocols , the core principals and the policies of these protocols are absorbed and legally bond to major guidelines produced by the GMC, CQC , NHS England and our CCG .
II – Our Services
The GMS services provided by our GPs are defined under the Standard General Services Contract. These services are mainly split into six groups:
We provide essential services for people who have health conditions from which they are expected to recover, chronic disease management and general management of terminally ill patients.
Our core services include general assessment in the form of history taking and examinations ,investigations , follow up , management in primary care or using secondary care services for more complicated problems.
- GP consultations for all medical problems and chronic Diseases management
- Chronic obstructive airways disease
- Coronary heart disease
- Chronic Kidney Diseases
- Depression and mental health problems
- Osteoporosis and Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Learning Disabilities
B- Additional services (Our additional services include ):
- Cervical cytology screening
- Contraceptive services
- Child health surveillance
- Maternity services
- Vaccinations and immunisations
C- Enhanced services : (Our enhanced services include ):
- Childhood vaccinations and immunisations
- Shingles vaccinations
- Fitting contraceptive implants
- Diabetes Management
- Prostate Cancer Injection Therapy- Zoladex
- Extended minor surgery
- Seasonal immunisation
- 24 hour Blood Pressure Monitoring
- Joint Injections – all forms of joint injections
- Monitoring of drug therapy for Rheumatology
- INR monitoring ( Point of Check POC )
D-Other services: Our Practice also offers services including:
- Child health and development
- Dressing clinics
- Ear wax and syringing
- ECGs (electrical heart trace)
- End of life care
- Lung testing
- Medication review
- Men’s health
- Pregnancy testing and contraceptive advice
- Ring pessary replacement
- Stop smoking support and full follow up monitoring by specialist Nurse
- Travel advice
- Women’s health
E- Non-NHS Services :Our Practice also provides services which are non NHS and are paid for by the patient. These services include:
- Insurance claims forms
- Non NHS vaccinations
- Prescription for taking medication abroad
- Private sick notes
- Pre-employment and HGV medicals
- Vaccination certificates.
F- Private Patients:
All private patients are included on our private list as per practice protocol for dealing and registering private patients which is clearly explained on our website.
III-Our Practice Details & Mission:
The White Practice is a General Practice Surgery which is open to all patients living within our Practice boundary in Walton-on-Thames and the surrounding areas.
We are also registered to be open to other patients who live outside the normal boundaries . We work in partnership with our patients and our Patient Forum to provide medical care for all patients. See patient under temporary resident ( TR ) agreement.
We are a General Medical Services (GMS) Practice offering Primary care services for the diagnosis and prevention of disease. We help patients to manage their health and prevent illness. Our GPs assess, diagnose, treat and manage illness. They carry out screening for some diseases and promote general health and wellbeing. Our GPs act as a patient’s advocate, supporting and representing a patient’s best interests to ensure they receive the best and most appropriate health and/or social care.
Our GPs also provide the link to further health services and work closely with other healthcare colleagues. They may also arrange hospital admissions and referrals to other services and specialists and they link with secondary and community services about patient care, taking advice and sharing information where needed. They also collect and record important information from other healthcare professionals involved in the treatment of our patients.
Our GPs are also involved in the education and training of Medical Students, practice staff and other healthcare professionals.
The practice main address is:
The White Practice, Rodney Road, Walton On Thames, Surrey KT12 3LB
Our Practice Vision
To work in partnership with our patients and staff to provide the best Primary Care services possible working within local and national governance, guidance and regulations in order to improve the health, well- being and lives of those we care for.